There are few things better than being able to whip together a delicious dessert in just a few minutes, and at a low cost too! That’s why this recipe for chocolate caramel cookies, passed along to me by a friend a few years ago, is one of my favorite things to bring to a dinner party.
1 box of Devil’s Food Cake Mix
1 package of Rollo’s
1/3 cup of vegetable oil
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. Combine cake mix, oil and eggs together in a large bowl. You can do it by hand or in a mixer if you have one. Make sure to mix the dough until it’s smooth and wet throughout (no dry bits of cake mix).
3. Scoop a small amount of dough and roll it around an unwrapped rollo. You want to have enough do that the candy is covered, but not too much extra. Otherwise the caramel center won’t spread throughout the entire cookie.
4. Lay the cookies out on a cookie sheet, a couple inches apart so they don’t melt together!
5. Bake for 7-8 minutes. The tops should be cracked slightly here and there – that’s how you know they’re done! Depending on how big you make them, the recipe should yield 2-3 dozen cookies.
6. After they cool for a few minutes, sprinkle the confectionary sugar over the cookies to add a little more sweetness and make them a little more appealing to the eye.
Like I said, deliciousness in a matter of minutes! Got any great simple dessert recipes to share?