In case you couldn’t tell from my Wise Words Wednesday series, I have a bit of a fascination with quotes. Just a glimpse at an encouraging passage can give me the motivation I might need. So when it came time for me to move into my dorm room for my senior year, I decided to take on a fun crafting project! I like to call it my very own quote wall…
Want to make your own?
–Several large frames. I chose three 11x14in white frames
–Neutral background paper. I used silver, but white, black, beige, etc. would work as well
–Lots of colored paper, in different sizes. I found a kit at my local Michael’s that had 5 different colors of paper, pre-cut to a variety of sizes – score!
–Sharpies. Different marker thicknesses add a little more interest to the final product.
–Stickers. To add a little pop of fun!
–A list of your favorite quotes. Need some ideas? Check out my Pinterest quote board!
–Glue or tape. To hold everything down.
Once you have all of your supplies, it’s pretty easy to put everything together.
1. Cut the background paper to the size of the frame
2. Write out your quotes. There are a few different options in terms of writing your quotes. You can do as I did and handwrite them on pre-cut paper. You could also print them on colored paper or in color on white paper and cut them to size. It depends on what you like best! I personally can’t cut to save my life but my handwriting isn’t too awful, so I decided to write them out.
3. Arrange them on your background page(s) to make sure everything fits well.
4. Glue/tape everything down as you want it.
5. Add stickers or other decorations as desired.
6. Place in the frame and voila!, you’ve got your own quote wall!
Here’s a few larger pictures of how mine came out. I loved them so much that after graduation, I hung them on the wall above the table I do my makeup at so I can get my daily dose of inspiration!
What do you think? Have you made your own quote-related craft project?