Believe it or not, Halloween is just over a week away! Check out this festive cookie recipe I recently came up with using a fall classic – candy corn!
FYI – this recipe is almost identical to my chocolate chip cookie recipe. Only difference? Replace chocolate chips with a mixture of white chocolate chips and candy corn!
3/4 c – granulated sugar
3/4 c – brown sugar, packed
2 sticks – butter, softened
1 tsp – vanilla extract
2 large eggs
2 1/4 cup – white flour
1 tsp – salt
1 tsp – baking soda
1/2 c white chocolate chips
Bag of candy corn
*Preheat oven to 375°F
1. Add sugar, brown sugar and butter. Beat well.
2. Add vanilla. Beat well.
3. While beating, add each egg separately.
4. While still beating, add flour, salt and baking soda. Be sure to add the flour slowly so it doesn’t explode back at you!
5. Add white chocolate chips
6. Scoop the dough in small 1-inch balls onto lined cookie sheets. You should end up with 3-4 dozen cookies. Be sure to keep them away from the edges, in case the candy melts (see next step!)
7. Add 2-5 candy corn pieces to the top of each cookie dough ball. Try to keep them towards the middle, as the candy tends to melt and make a mess!
8. Bake at 375°F for about ten minutes, or until the edges are golden brown.
Happy (almost) Halloween! 👻🎃🍫